Web design tools you can’t live without
As Photoshop has become a necessity , and although it’s still one of my weapons of choice, internet-makers are fighting back with a lot of tools that aim to make your life as a designer a little bit better. These day static mockups are becoming less useful and the lines between designer and developer are becoming increasingly blurred. As they work more collaboratively with each other the tools we use are having to change.
Here, we have picked out some the top tools that we believe are changing the way we think about design, and are key to helping us establish these new processes…
- Pixate – Pixate is an app that has been created for making intuitive, interactive prototypes for iOS and Android.
- Affinity – Affinity by Serif has been dubbed the ‘Photoshop killer’ by some, and it’s easy to see why.
- Avocode – Avocode makes it extremely easy for a front-end developer to code websites or apps from Photoshop or Sketch designs.
- Antetype – Antetype is a new tool for creating responsive UIs for apps and websites.
- Sketch – Sketch has gained a massive following since it launched in 2009. The speed at which Bohemian Coding (the creator of Sketch) is moving is very impressive.
- Form – Form is a prototyping tool like no other I’ve tried. It’s not a typical design tool in that there’s no tools or layers palette. Using the app feels like a mix of design and code.
- UXPin – UXPin is a wireframing and prototyping tool that has been designed to not be limited to just one thing. You can use it to create rapid low-fidelity wireframes just as easily as hi-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Macaw – Macaw was built with designers in mind, and without touching any code you can create responsive designs that look and work great across all devices.
- Marvel – “We wanted to lower the barrier to bringing your digital ideas to life, so we created Marvel, a ‘code-free’ prototyping tool that transforms images and sketches into interactive prototypes that look and feel like real apps and websites,” says Murat Mutlu, who co-founded the tool.
- Webflow – Webflow is a web app that allows you to design production-ready websites without coding. It has an unobtrusive UI that allows you to focus on the design.