SEO Friendly Design & Layout
At first, any user lands on your website, it is the design and layout that they see first and leaves impression about your site. Which , some time become a key factor for them whether to stay on your site or leave that site. There are websites which are too fancy but regular user just reach those sites and come out without creating a single click.
But when it comes to a search engines, they are very smart after all, they are software and not human being, which can read the content of their interest. If your website is too complicated, then the search engine would not be able to parse the content of your site properly, and finally it will affect your indexing, so indexing would not be efficient, which results in a low rank for your website.
The actual page content should have a keyword density of about 10% and should weigh in at about 200 words , however there are so many opinions about this .
Here are a few guidelines that you should keep in mind while designing a web page.
- No frames. They are the enemies of search engines, and search engines are enemies of frames.
- You should have more text content than HTML elements.
- No unnecessary directories. Keep your files as close to the root as possible.
- No fancy stuff (Flash, Splash, Animated Gifs, Rollovers, etc.) unless absolutely necessary
- No ads if possible. Because most of the ads use Java-Script which is not advised to be used.
- Do not put anything in the page topic that does not fit perfectly.