How to Restore Last Browsing Session in IE
People who want to open their IE browser with last browsing session, definitely they had opened some important websites before closing the IE browser or simply they want to open it like this only or want to reopen the browser where they left off. Here is the solution for them to reopen IE from the last browsing session.
There are two ways, you can open IE with all tabs from last browsing session.
Using Group Policy
1. In Windows Pro & Enterprise editions, press “Windows Key + R” key combination from your keyboard to open run dialog box. When Run dialog box opens, type “gpedit.msc” in the Run text box and press Enter from the keyboard, the “Local Group Policy Editor” opens.
In Windows Home edition, you won’t find “Local Group Policy Editor”.
3. When you click on “General Page” from the left pane, General Page Setting window open in the right pane. From the right pane, click on the option”Start Internet Explorer with tabs from last browsing session”.
4. In “Start Internet Explorer with tabs from last browsing session” window, Click on the option “Enabled” and then Apply followed by OK.
At last, close the “Local Group Policy Editor’ to the changes.
1. Press “Windows Key + R” key combination from your keyboard, the run dialog box opens, type “regedit” in Run text box and press Enter from your keyboard to open the Registry Editor.
2. When Registry Editor opens, navigate to,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Policies –> Microsoft –> Internet Explorer.
3. Select and right click the Internet Explorer, and then New –> Key, give the new key name “Continuous Browsing”. Once you created a new key for Internet Explorer, jump to the right pane to change the Value name “Enabled”, Value Data “1” and click on OK button.
4. In the last, after doing all the changes, close the Registry Editor and restart your computer to see the required changes successfully.